- Pasta is one of our favorite foods and people have been crazy about it since ages.
I, personally, love pasta too and recently read that it does not lead to weight gain.
That got me thinking if it actually help’s us lose weight.
- A new Italian study has found that when we consume pasta, it results in a lower BMI and may actually aid weight loss. It is also said that instead of eating pasta with animal fats or meat, you can try healthier options such as vegetables, tomatoes etc.
- You can also go for extra virgin olive oil since that is a healthy option too.
After the study was completed, the scientists could not find any connection between gaining weight and consuming pasta.
Is pasta good for health?
- Pasta has many health benefits and it is free of those unhealthy fats which are bad for us. Although, it is not entirely free of a few calories, it is still something you shouldn’t stop eating.
- Pasta comes under the category of good carbohydrates and many of us know that these carbohydrates give us energy. It consists of a low GI (Glycemic Index) and this, as a result, does not motivate our blood sugar to rise!
- The best type of pasta you should be eating is whole wheat pasta because it has more fiber content when compared to the normal types we buy. Thus, this makes it healthier a healthier option.
- Pasta also promotes the improvement of eye vision as it is rich in vitamin A.
What’s more, is that pasta also encourages skin cell growth and is thus, good for our skin too!
SOME IMPORTANT INFORMATION:-
- It is also said that a person should not be having pasta before going to bed and this get’s even more important when you’re trying to lose weight. Pasta is packed with carbohydrate sources which also contain some amount of calories and when you consume pasta before bed, you can actually eat up to 400 calories!!
- If you are looking for food which is rich in carbohydrates, pasta is one of the best things you could go for!
- Pasta is a complex carbohydrate which provides our brain and muscles with power and energy. Since, it is packed with so much energy and is digested slowly, it keeps you energized for carrying out daily activities too.
- Also, in the Italian study, the people who were tested were the one’s following the Mediterranean diet and thus, this proves that pasta works perfectly with this type of diet.
The study also proved that carbohydrates do not lead to weight gain in a great way and food rich in carbs such as pasta are good for consumption.
Black Bean Pasta With Spinach Recipe
- 1 clove chopped – garlic.
- 1 cup diced – tomatoes.
- 1/2 teaspoon – cayenne pepper.
- 2 ounces – parmesan cheese.
- 2 1/2 cups chopped – spinach.
- 15 ounces or 1 can – black beans (washed thoroughly)
- 1/2 cup chopped – onion.
- 16 ounces or 1 package – whole wheat rotini pasta.
- 1 cup chopped – frozen broccoli.
- 1/2 cups – vegetable broth.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ADD SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Take a large pot and add a slight amount of salt to it and bring it to a boil. Add the rotini and cook it for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente.
- Take a large saucepan and boil the vegetable broth over medium heat. Now lower the heat and add pepper, spinach, onion, salt, cayenne pepper and garlic. Add the broccoli and black beans to the mix. Keep stirring so that it cooks properly for 5-10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes in the saucepan and stir them. Cook until 10 minutes or till the vegetables become nice and tender.
- After cooked properly, serve over the pasta and decorate it with parmesan cheese!SOURCE:- allrecipes.com
Some great pasta cookbooks are :-
THANK YOU FOR READING AND HAVE A GREAT DAY AHEAD! 😀
- The Telegraph.