- Superfoods are foods which are nutritious and benefit our health in many ways. They consist of vitamins and minerals which can also help us in losing weight.
They also help us in staying immune to chronic diseases.
- They have nutrients that consist of antioxidants which have healthy fats, fiber, inhibit digestive and diabetic problems and it is also said that they have the potential to avoid diseases related to the heart and cancer! They have many other health benefits too.
What are the best superfoods for weight loss?
- Superfoods help in weight loss mainly because they keep us full as a result of the dietary fiber they consist of and in many cases, they also help in boosting our body’s metabolism. What’s more, is that they also keep our energy levels up!
- The top 10 superfoods which you should be eating for weight loss are:-
- This is one of the most popular superfoods out there and avocado’s consist of monosaturated fats which are healthy fats. Many people have the wrong assumption that avocados can make you put on some extra pounds but this is not the case because they are highly nutritious and are one of the best foods for weight loss.
- Avocados are food which is high in fiber and consists of a low amount of carbohydrates, which can help us lose weight. The monosaturated fats also have oleic acid which helps in making us feel less hungry and eating even half of an avocado is helpful for weight loss. It is packed with protein too and is a fruit which should definitely not be ignored.
- These berries consist of 18 amino acids which make them a very good choice for protein and also have vitamin C, calcium, iron, 21 trace minerals, phosphorous, zinc, copper selenium along with a bunch of vitamins which are good for you!
They have a low GI (glycemic index) when matched with other fruits such as bananas, apples, oranges etc.
- The low GI actually helps to stop cravings for foods that are sweet and are starchy. They also have been a great help to people because they may also improve our body’s metabolism. Goji berries can also ease your stress levels and they also encourage our bodies to develop growth hormones.
- Grapefruit is also one of the superfoods out there which are a good source of fiber and it has properties which can lower the insulin in your body which means that the body uses the fat for energy rather than storing it. The protein in it also helps us keep full for longer periods.
- The antioxidants support the prevention of radical damage to our bodies. They also have fewer calories and one serving consists of only 2 gm of fiber and 53 calories. It also consists of glutathione, which supports the liver detoxification of harmful chemicals. It is also known as a “negative calorie food” because we take more calories to digest it than it contains.
- Apples can actually help in weight loss because they consist of fiber which can help us keep full for longer and they also consist of fewer calories. Plus, they also have antioxidants which are beneficial to us in many ways. Vitamin C, one of the antioxidants which are present in apples, also make the body build up its defenses against agents which carry infections.
- They also consist of some minerals such as calcium, potassium and phosphorous. Potassium can help in controlling our blood pressure and heart rate.
- Besides these benefits, a study published in the American Journal Of Clinical Nutrition said that apples can actually reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes. They are also good for our brain.
- Green tea is undoubtedly the best beverage you could drink for losing weight because it consists of many ingredients which have amazing health benefits. It also has properties which can advance the level of hormones that burn fat. The antioxidant, catechins, resist the storage of belly fat in our bodies and play an important role in weight loss.
- You can lose weight the right way with green tea when you drink it regularly and during this process, it also helps the body get accustomed to taking in lesser fat. It helps the body improve its metabolism and it also consists of amino- L-theanine which increases our concentration power.
- To search for more green tea products, click here:-
Green Tea for Weight Loss
- Blueberries are good for weight loss because they are low in calories and can be replaced for sweet or salty snacks.
They also contain minerals such as manganese, magnesium, potassium, and iron as well and they taste so good!
The antioxidants which they consist of also reduce the chances of heart disease.
- Some studies indicate that blueberries might lower your blood pressure and are beneficial for your skin because they work against acne.
They have a high amount of fiber in them and a low amount of glycemic index which makes the food we eat get digested slowly and this may actually help in making us feel full longer.
- Before you read any further, tomatoes are probably the most debated fruit or vegetable, in my opinion. Many people say that scientifically, the tomato is a fruit but the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that it is a vegetable! Anyways, fruit or vegetable, tomatoes can aid in weight loss because they are low in calories and have other benefits too.
- They are acknowledged as the best superfoods for weight loss because they are not only rich in fiber and low in fat but also are very good for fighting cancer. They consist of the antioxidant called lycopene which inhibits heart diseases and has vitamin C, E and A which are anti-cancer radicals.
- Black beans can improve our digestion because the fiber they consist of, stops the problem of constipation and supports a healthy digestive tract. They also help in keeping away from heart diseases because the potassium, vitamin B6, fiber, phytonutrient content, folate etc content in them reduce the risk of diseases related to the heart.
PHOTO COURTESY:- Stacy Spensley (flickr)
- Since they are high in fiber, black beans are an amazing choice for weight loss and when they keep you full longer, it lowers the calorie intake. Studies have also found that they are good for reducing the risk of diabetes and obesity. They also provide us with energy and are low in sodium which makes them good food for controlling blood pressure.
- To check out my favorite black bean pasta recipe , CLICK HERE.
- Spinach is definitely the right addition to your weight loss diet because it has nutrients which can help you not only lose weight but also stay healthy.
It is one of the foods known for having the lowest calories and just one cup of fresh chopped spinach is just 7 calories packed with fiber!
- Spinach consists of vitamin A, vitamin K, iron, manganese, calcium, folate, vitamin B2, vitamin B6 and potassium which are great sources of protein and it has a lot of flavonoids which function as antioxidants.
Some research has found that spinach also has anti-cancer properties and the nutrients themselves have the potential to protect against diseases.
- Pomegranate juice is very healthy for us because they are packed with antioxidants, short on calories and even high in fiber! They consist of Vitamin C which helps us stay away from sickness and arils, which are the seeds from the shell of this fruit, help control blood pressure and cholesterol.
- What I love about them the most is that they come under the category of high fiber fruits and by now, you know how high fiber foods help in weight loss! Thus, they prevent overeating too. The polyphenol antioxidants are said to have an effect on aging too because they slow down the process and can make your skin look younger!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING! 😀