- Many of us want to lose weight but cannot find the right fat-burning exercises to do so.
- The internet is filled with a bunch of diet plans that only work if you want to lose weight temporarily but we all know, most of us end up gaining all the weight we lost at the end.
- Instead of running behind those diet plans, I have 10 exercises for you that will help you lose weight within 2 weeks. They worked like a charm for me and I hope they work for you as well.
- So, what are those exercises?
- The exercises given below are what worked for me in 2 weeks. As everyone’s body type is different, the results may vary. Your diet will affect the results as well.
- They are pretty simple to follow and do not require any equipment to perform perfectly.
The exercises include:-
1) JUMPING JACKS:-
- This exercise is one of the easier ways to lose weight and if done continuously can be a great life-saver for shedding off those extra pounds.
- The way you do this exercise is, first you stand straight with your hand’s side and by side and legs slightly apart, then you raise your hands up while you jump with your feet out to the sides.
- Kind of like how you would make snow angels in the air!
- It’s a super easy exercise that burns over 100 calories in just 30 minutes and is definitely worth a try.
- This exercise is the most common weight loss technique out there.
If this is your first time doing squats, don’t worry, it’s very simple.
- All you have to do in this incredibly easy exercise is to stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and sit down slightly as if you’re sitting on an imaginary chair and then get back up!
- It definitely might be a little draining if you’re doing this for the first time, but don’t worry, you’ll get used to it.
- Squats help in increasing your muscle mass and this helps you because it raises your metabolic rate and helps you burn calories faster.
- If you’re looking for a way to get the lower muscles of your legs working and lose weight, lunges are one of the greatest and easiest exercises you can try.
- To do this exercise, you first stand straight, then you slowly lift one leg and bend the knee to a 90-degree angle till your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Bend your back knee bringing it as close to the ground as you can. Then, stand straight again and repeat the same action with the other leg.
- This particular type of lunge (forward lunge) helps you lose weight as it’s good for toning your lower body, keep your diet in check with this one, though.
- This is known as one of the best exercises to strengthen your abdominal core muscles and tons of people use it for losing weight while they exercise.
- However, when you do this, make sure you don’t overdo it since it is a delicate position but it should help you get abs and improve back strength as well when you do it every day.
- To do this exercise, get into the push-up position on the floor. After that, make sure your arms are positioned properly like you’re in the middle of a push-up and hold it. Do this for at least 2 minutes.
- If this is your first time doing a plank or you just can’t hold it long enough, you can always start by doing a bent knee plank. This exercise helps you strengthen your core without any equipment and is great for gaining definition.
- 5) BURPEES:-
- This is an exercise that can help you burn up to 18 calories per minute.
It might not be the easiest exercise to perform in repetitive sets for newbies but definitely a great calorie burner!
- For doing this exercise, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, now get into a squatting position, immediately place your hands on the floor in order to balance your body as if doing a push-up and then reach your arms overhead and quickly jump into the air. Keep repeating this quickly to continue with your reps.
- The main reason that makes burpees one of the greatest exercises to lose weight is that it hits all the muscle areas of our body, causing rapid weight loss. Do try to incorporate them into your daily life because they are highly effective.
- Try to maintain a consistent pace while doing burpees since it is very common to get easily tired while performing this exercise. Doing it at a slower but steady pace would get you through your reps in a much easier way than compared to doing it really fast.
6) JUMPING ROPE:-
- Jumping rope is definitely one of my favorite exercises ever since because of how it is a complete body toner with the easiest way of exercising ever! We did this as kids and there is no reason to not carry this exercise into adulthood as well, it is highly beneficial!
- This is probably one of the exercises I don’t need to explain how to do since most of us have done it at some point in our childhood. But just for the ones who haven’t, you must first stand straight, position the jumping rope behind your legs while catching it with both hands and then skip.
- This exercise can help you lose up to 800 calories or more if you keep doing it for an hour. This exercise helps you increase your bone density as it hits all the muscles in the body and also, improves cardiovascular health.
- It has been found that people who skip rope on a daily basis also involve themselves in a brain exercise that stimulates cognitive function, as jumping rope perfectly requires you to pay constant attention to movements of the rope and plus, help you physically as well.
- This is another great exercise for toning your body and getting in shape since push-ups are also a full body exercise. You don’t need any equipment to perform these.
- For doing this exercise, get into plank position and instead of staying still, make your body move up and down with your arms. The goal should be to do at least 50 push-ups a day but when, starting out, if you find this difficult, you can also use your knees in the process. Slowly with time, stop using your knees.
- This exercise is ideal for building your arm strength if you are starting to lose your muscle density and also given definition to the upper part of your body.
- Are you looking for a strong core? Push-ups are definitely the way to go if you want a strong core. This is why they’re used a lot in core exercises and one thing to keep in mind while doing them is that you only move your shoulder blades backward, do not lift them.
- Personally, this is one of my favorite ways to lose weight. This exercise helps you with your weight loss while having fun. Not to mention, how it is a complete body exercise which works on your major muscle groups.
- There are various ways you can learn how to swim if you’re a beginner. But one of the simplest things to do when you’re starting out is learning how to float and then, slowly starting out with the breaststroke and then moving forward to learn more basic swimming strokes.
- This may be a low impact exercise but it definitely does aid weight loss. You can burn tons of calories while adding a little bit of aqua-aerobics to the mix as well. On average, you should be able to burn at least 90 calories during a half an hour swim session.
- Swimming also gives your cardiovascular system a nice workout since you breathe heavier when you swim. It also increases your upper body strength and is definitely worth trying if you want to shed those extra pounds off.
9) BICYCLE CRUNCHES:-
- This is another exercise that does not require any equipment for you to lose weight. It exercises the muscles in your abdominal area and therefore, is good for your abs.
- To do this exercise, lie down and raise your legs. Cycle your legs back and forth in the air while putting your hands behind your head a little bit lifted in the air.
- As this exercise targets the core, it not only helps you get those abs but also improves your posture, thus preventing any back pain. Most people do see a good abdominal definition with the help of this exercise.
- Therefore, if you’re looking for something that’s easy to do and can help you strengthen your muscles in the abdominal area, this exercise is for you.
- 10) WALL SIT.
- This exercise is probably the easiest of the bunch and does not require any equipment except a wall! This is a great exercise to target your lower body fat and burn calories in one of the easiest ways possible.
- To perform a wall-sit, all you have to do is lean against a wall and keep going down until you look like you’re sitting on an invisible chair. Keep your legs at 90 degrees and the posture fixed at least till 30 seconds.
- If you’re a person who finds doing squats extremely tough or frustrating, this exercise can be used as an alternative (not for weight-trainers). It helps to build your muscle endurance and make your heart rate go up faster which is good for losing weight.
- For many years, people all around the globe have been using this exercise is their normal workouts, simply, because of the way it does so much with such little work.
- Those were my TOP 10 EXERCISES TO HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT IN TWO WEEKS. I hope these prove helpful to you as they were to me. Happy weight loss! 🙂
- Here are some cool products that will aid your weight loss and are definitely worth a try:-
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING! 🙂
HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY? COMMENT BELOW!