- Many of us are crazy about energy drinks out there for a much-needed boost or to increase the energy within our bodies to perform better in the activities we are carrying out.
- Most of the energy drinks out there have a bad name because they have the potential to lead to heart problems and they may also raise your blood sugar level if you have too much of them.
- Like everything has a good and bad side, energy drinks do too!
The good part about some of the energy drinks out there are that they can actually help in improving blood circulation to your ears, brain and eyes.
- What’s more is that they may even improve your memory! 😀
This may happen because of the content of caffeine in the particular energy drink.
It has properties which can decrease the amount of information you forget!
- Energy drinks may be mainly used by athletes but it is ideal if you look at the carbohydrates before drinking them and if they have a 6-7% carbohydrate serving, they make a good choice!
- Also, don’t drink energy drinks as a substitute for water, especially if you are trying to lose weight because they may contribute to helping you gain a few pounds and water, on the other hand, does not have any calories.
What are the harmful effects of regular energy drinks?
- The harmful effects of energy drinks which are consumed in today’s world are as follows:-
- While caffeine may help you remember information, it does have negative effects on the human body and this mainly happens when there is an overdose of caffeine.
When there is a caffeine overdose, an individual may vomit, have high blood pressure and sometimes this may even lead to death.
- The effects of the energy drinks on the human heart are the most known out there.
The normal energy drinks that individuals consume may be the cause of high blood pressure and this leads to a nonuniform heart beat rate and can again, cause death.
- When you are exercising, they can dehydrate you and the best thing to do in this situation is to not use any water substitutes because water is the best drink in this situation.
- The dehydration happens because the sugar in energy drinks cause the water to get absorbed slowly than usual and this decreases the amount of sugar in the blood stream which results in dehydration.
- The content of herbal energizers and caffeine inside of the regular energy drinks which are consumed today quicken the functions of the central nervous system and the person become’s active and as a result, the individual does not feel sleepy.
- The caffeine in the energy drink blocks the chemical (adenosine) which is responsible for giving signals to the brain for sleep!
Thus, this may induce insomnia in a person and keep them alert at the same time.
What are the usual ingredients of energy drinks?
- According to research, some of the most common ingredients that are found in energy drinks today are caffeine, taurine, ginseng, guarana, B vitamins, sugars, green tea extract etc.
This is taken from the seeds of the guarana plant from Southern America and it basically gives double the weight of caffeine in the energy drinks. It is also known to stop fatigue and encourage weight loss.
- Green tea extract :-
This is known as one of the top sources for fighting cancer antioxidants and is used mainly for providing energy to the consumer of the energy drink.
However, there is no strong evidence to support the fact that this may help in weight loss or has the potential to give a lower level of blood pressure.
- Sugar :-This is used in energy drinks for well, energy!
One average energy drink may consist of 62 grams of sugar and that can easily constitute up to 250 calories.
When sugar intake is more, it may lead to diabetes, obesity and can also fasten the levels of insulin in our bodies.
- Taurine :-
This can boost the metabolism of your body and the best dose of this is about 3,000 mg on a particular day.
It is basically an amino acid which can help athletes give a better performance.
- Caffeine :-This is definitely one of the main ingredients in energy drinks out there and it is mainly used to give energy to the consumer.
It makes an individual more alert and thus, it can lead to improvement in the performance of athletes but only small quantities of this particular ingredient are recommended. You shouldn’t be drinking more than 200 mg twice a day.
- Vitamin B:-It is quite confusing when it comes to figuring out why B Vitamins are used in energy drinks because they don’t provide energy.
Although, people who do not get the right amount of vitamin B intake can feel tired because energy is given to our body with the help of micronutrients.Vitamin B is not harmful because it can quickly get find it’s way out of our bodies because these are water soluble nutrients!
- Ginseng :-This is a herb from East Asia and again there is no strong evidence to support the fact that it provides energy.
You should avoid drinking this if you are diabetic because it tends to lower the blood sugar level.
Which energy drink is the best for me?
- What if there was an energy drink which is actually nutritious and supports your weight loss? Well, a drink like that does exist and it’s called ” Athletic Greens”.
- This is a very good energy drink for those of you who are trying to lose weight and you don’t have to ever worry about nutrient deficiency in your body because it has over 70 ingredients which include whole-food sourced vitamins, minerals, dairy free probiotics, organic produce both in powder form and as a whole, digestive enzymes, herbs, natural extracts and many more!
- This drink is definitely the right one for your digestion and immunity.
It does not contain much of caffeine like the other energy drinks but does have some of it to give you a boost when you try it!
- The ingredients of Athletic Greens will help you take care of your health, energy and if you’re always in a hurry, that’s okay!
It only takes 30 seconds to make this and all you need to do is take a 12g serving every day and mix in about 300 ml of water.
- The best time to consume this would be before you have any food in the morning and if you’re a particularly active person or are over 170 lbs, then you should not exceed over two servings every day.
- If you have some medical issues, Athletic Greens makes it very clear that this is a natural product and is suited to almost anyone. However, if you are on medications and want to consume this, it is recommended to consult your physician or doctor for being on the safe side and feeling assured.
- The supplement facts of Athletic Greens are :-
- The best part about Athletic Greens is that there is a money-back guarantee even if you do not find the product satisfactory which is very rare because it does taste great and has many nutrients!
- This product is apt for the vegans out there, is gluten free and it tastes amazing!
The main thing I do not like about some of the nutritious supplements out there is the taste and if you’re like me, you won’t have a problem with buying Atheltic Greens in terms of its taste as well as nutritional value.
- Even if you are allergic to nuts, dairy, wheat, yeast, gluten, eggs etc, you can still use this product! Even if you are allergic to soy, there is an allergen statement below the label which says that you can consume this even if you’re allergic to soy.
This product is affordable, looking at it in terms of its nutritional value and most of the green drinks out there are pretty expensive.
You also get a free non-digital copy of the Complete 30-day fat loss plan when you first purchase this product.